Recipes Search
LOGIN
Add Recipe

Potpourri Candle Holders

Potpourri Candle Holders

Postby HighHeelKitchen » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:34 pm

Potpourri Candle Holders
For each candle holder you will need:
Votive candle holder cups (These look like small glass flower pots and come in different colors, i.e., blue, burgundy and clear and can be found at Dollar General and Wal-Mart or other stores like this)
Regular (not wide-mouth) canning jars
Dried potpourri
Votive candles (I usually try to match the scent and/or color as closely as I can to the potpourri)
Ribbons, raffia, buttons, cinnamon sticks or other decorations.

Fill canning jar approximately 3/4 full of potpourri (depending on the type of your potpourri, this may be more or less). Set votive cup in mouth of the canning jar so it covers the top (add more potpourri if needed). Place votive candle in votive cup and tie a ribbon or raffia around the neck. Decorate with a bow, buttons, cinnamon sticks or whatever desired for a highlight.

For mulberry candles and potpourri, I used a sheer wired ribbon with a watercolor type pattern and tied it around the rim of the jar to cover it. I also did a variation with smaller width ribbon in coordinating colors, tying them all together with a bow and I glued a silk flower to the knot in the bow. This makes a romantic or victorian looking candle.

For a more rustic type candle, I used vanilla potpourri with a vanilla (cream colored) votive candle. I tied raffia strands as a bow to complete the look. I have also seen these candle holders tied with homespun fabric with a button attached to the knot of the bow or a cinnamon stick tied in the center. These are an easy gift, table ornament or basket filler as they scent the room very well. When the candle is lit, the warmth from the votive cup warms the potpourri and enhances the fragrance.

Author Unknown

translate or share this recipe
HighHeelKitchen
Site Admin

RSS @HighHeelKitchen Pinterest Facebook G+

Return to Crafts & DIY